We all remember important firsts. The first time we rode a bike, first day at
school, first kiss, and all of the wonderful firsts... But there are heart-breaking firsts too, and those are the ones we so ...most likely to keep our sanity... try so hard to forget... but unfortunately they are all, good and bad, forever indelibly imprinted on our minds...
I remember I was in 8th grade PE class when the teacher came in to tell us John F. Kennedy was shot. It was like all of the air had left the room... it was yesterday in my mind...
Many years later I was the only American on the Nininun Central rig in the North Sea when two men were waiting for me to wake up... Two silent men escorted me to the Company Man's office, and would not answer my questions... I thought I had done something wrong... but their faces were gray, and I knew it was something bigger... and I blanched to think of the possibilities so far from home... my wife and daughter...It was September 11, 2001.
I remember both days in slow motion... a young boy crying saying he had shook President Kennedy's hand... and the Company man's concern if I had any loved ones in New York... I remember the click of the television on both... The man's face on the TV telling us our beloved president was dead, and the instant display of a plane hitting the World Trade Center... I remember thinking both had to be some kind of movie... How in the world could something like this happen?...and the gravity of that moment was evident to all of us... I remember watching my father's face for some kind of direction as we sat on the sofa in front of our little black and white box... and it seemed there just wasn't enough oxygen.
Back in 2007 I had already made up my mind about Obama. It was before I knew what a Progressive was, a Neo-Con, and really could not quote accurately from the Constitution. I didn't know how bad the economy was, or even that there was something like an economic "bubble" about to implode. I knew about the Patriot Act, but it was before the NDAA... How embarrassing to admit... but a first was about to happen, and it changed me fundamentally one night about 2:00 in the morning. I was listening to an old speech by Ron Paul...
It hit me right between the eyes... Dr. Ron Paul, a little frail man with a trembling voice was telling the truth, and had been for decades. I knew this because what he had said was now coming to pass... I woke up my wife when I involuntarily shouted... "Damn!" And from that time on, the direction of my thoughts changed... I saw in him... well, you know... but reality was a solid slap in the face, a bitter betrayal at the RNC... he wasn't good-looking enough, talked a bit with a slur, and he challenged the establishment... so I was told... "He will never be allowed to be president." Such a fool I was. So childlike. So trusting. I didn't know what they were talking about... it was those in charge of our government who would never allow him to be president... and the realization of this shook me to the very core.
No, I can't say I can see it clearly, even now. But a window was opened, and there was air in the room. And for me, who thought the world a good and simple place, quite suddenly woke up. And for months after I played every speech he ever made... and grew up.
What is to follow here was put together by a fellow TBL writer Mr. Dan Asmussen. It is a compilation, a time line of Historic Firsts as performed by our President Obama. And it is evident that the same people who are in power, the same ones who would not allow Dr Paul to be president, is allowing this to go unchallenged. And each one of these has never been done by a president before... and to me, each and every one is an impeachable offense. But you be the judge...
President Barack Obama’s Comprehensive List of Historic Firsts
By: Dan Asmussen, TLB Contributor.
• First President to preside over a cut to the credit rating of the United States government
• First President to violate Article 1 Section 9 of the Constitution by sitting as Chairman of the UN Security Counsel (a foreign post)
• First President to violate the Logan Act by sending his Secretary of Defense to attend the Bilderberg meeting
• First President to orchestrate the sale of murder weapons to Mexican drug cartels
• First President to issue unlawful “Recess-Appointments” over a long weekend — while the U.S. Senate remained in session (against the advice of his own Justice Department)
• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico
• First president to intentionally disable credit card security measures in order to allow over-the-limit donations, foreign contributions and other illegal fund-raising measures.
• First President to defy a Federal Judge’s court order to cease implementing the ‘Health Care Reform’ Law
• First President to halt deportations of illegal aliens and grant them work permits, a form of stealth amnesty roughly equivalent to “The DREAM Act”, which could not pass Congress
• First President to sign a law requiring all Americans to purchase a product from a third party
• First President to spend a Trillion dollars on ‘Shovel-Ready’ jobs — and later admit there was no such thing as Shovel-Ready jobs
• First President to sue states for requiring valid IDs to vote, even though the same administration requires valid IDs to travel by air
• First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters
• First President to sign into law a bill that permits the government to “hold anyone suspected of being associated with terrorism indefinitely, without any form of due process. No indictment. No judge or jury. No evidence. No trial. Just an indefinite jail sentence.”
• First President to bypass Congress and implement the DREAM Act through Executive Fiat
• First President to threaten insurance companies after they publicly spoke out on how Obamacare helped cause their rate increases
• First President to openly defy a Congressional Order not to share sensitive nuclear defense secrets with the Russian Government
• First President to threaten an auto company (Ford) after it publicly mocked bailouts of GM and Chrysler
• First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man into space
• First President to encourage racial discrimination and intimidation at polling places
• First President to have a law signed by an ‘Auto-pen’ without being “Present”
• First President to send $200 million to a terrorist organization (Hamas) after Congress had explicitly frozen the money for fear it would fund attacks against civilians
• First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it (Defense of Marriage Act)
• First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which State they are allowed to locate a factory
• First President to file lawsuits against the States he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN, etc.)
• First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago
• First President to fire an Inspector General of Americorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case
• First President to propose an Executive Order demanding companies disclose their political contributions to bid on government contracts
• First President to preside over America’s loss of its status as the world’s largest economy
• First President to allow Mexican police to conduct law enforcement activities on American soil
• First president to propose budgets so unreasonable that not a single representative from either party would cast a vote in favor (“Senate unanimously rejected President Obama’s budget last year in 0-97 vote”, Politico, “House Votes 414-0 to Reject Obama’s Budget Plan”)
• First President to play golf 90 or more times in his first three years in office
• First President to authorize the use of surveillance/attack drones on American citizens
• First President to authorize the use of deadly force against American citizens with no proof of wrongdoing, no criminal evidence, and no due process
• First President to violate the War Powers Act (Unilaterally executing American military operations in Libya without informing Congress in the required time period)
• First President to triple the number of warrant-less wiretaps of U.S. Citizens
• First President to refuse to tell the public what he did for eight (8) hours after being informed that a U.S. Ambassador was facing imminent death during a terror attack
• First President to lie about the reason for an Ambassador’s death, blaming it on an Internet Video rather than what he knew to be the case: the Al Qaeda-linked Terror Group Ansar al-Sharia
• First President to have an innocent filmmaker thrown in jail after lying about the cause for a deadly attack on U.S. Diplomats, using the filmmaker as a scapegoat
• First President to use the IRS to “Unfairly Target Political Enemies” as well as Jewish groups
• First President to unlawfully seize telephone records of more than 100 reporters to intimidate and/or bully them
• First President to witness a single cabinet Secretary commit multiple Hatch Act violations without acting, speaking out, disciplining or firing that person
• First President to have his Attorney General held in criminal contempt of Congress for his efforts to cover up Operation Fast and Furious, that killed over 300 individuals
• First President to claim Executive Privilege to shield a sitting Attorney General from a Contempt of Congress finding for perjury and withholding evidence from lawful subpoenas
• First President to sue States for enforcing voter ID requirements, which were previously ruled legal by the U.S. Supreme Court
• First President to increase surveillance of American Citizens under the Patriot Act by 1,000 percent in four years
• First President to demand a company hand over $20 Billion to one of his political appointees (BP Oil Spill Relief Fund)
• First President to publicly announce an enemies list (consisting of his opponents campaign contributors; and to use the instrumentality of government to punish those on the list)
• First President to attempt to block legally-required 60-day layoff notices by Government contractors due to his own cuts to defense spending — because the notices would occur before the election
• First President to send 80 percent of a $16 billion program (green energy) to his campaign bundlers and contributors, leaving only 20% to those who did not contribute
• First President to issue an Executive Order implementing a “Racial Justice System”, a system that tries to achieve “racially equivalent outcomes” for crimes
• First President to leak confidential IRS tax records to groups aligned politically with him for partisan advantage
• First President to use the EPA to punish political enemies and reward political allies
• First President to send millions in taxpayer dollars to his wife’s former employer
• First President to have his administration fund an organization tied to the cop-killing terrorist group, the Weather Underground
• First President to move America past the dependency tipping point, in which 51% of households now pay no income taxes
• First President to increase Food Stamp spending by more than 100% in less than four years
• First President whose economic policies have the number of Americans on disability exceed the population of New York
• First President to sue states for enforcing immigration laws passed by Congress
• First President to redistribute $26.5 billion of the taxpayers’ funds to his union supporters in the UAW
• First President to endanger the stability of the electric grid by shutting down hundreds of Coal-Fired plants without adequate replacement technologies
• First President to have his EPA repudiated by a Federal Judge for “Overstepping Its Powers” when they attempted to shut down coal operations in Appalachia
• First President to lie repeatedly to the American people about the murder of a U.S. Ambassador and three other diplomatic personnel for purely political reasons, rewriting a “Talking Points” Memo no fewer than a dozen times to avoid referencing a pre-planned terror attack
• First President to Leak Highly Classified Military and Intelligence Secrets to Hollywood In Order to Promote a Movie That Could Help His Reelection Campaign
• First President to Insert Himself into White House biographies of past Presidents
• First President to Golf 122 or More Times in His First Four-and-a-half Years in Office
• First President to be born in a foreign country (Kenya)
• First President to fraudulently obtain and use the social security number of a dead person
• First President to add more to the National Debt than ALL the previous President’s before him
Sworn upon the altar of god
"I have sworn upon the altar of god, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
(Jefferson discussing the fight over the establishment of one form of Christianity in the U.S. to Dr. Benjamin Rush, September 23, 1800. Peterson, Merrill, ed. Jefferson: Writings. New York: Literary Classics of the U.S.: Distributed to the trade in the U.S. and Canada by the Viking Press, c1984, p. 1082.)